Administrator of Elections
Office Phone: (423) 542-1822
Fax: (423) 547-1534
116 Holston Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Election Commission is responsible for registering persons to vote; replace lost registration cards; transfer or change registrations. The Election Commission qualifies persons to run for election to an office. The Election Commission is responsible for purging (or removing) persons from the permanent registration records.
Carter County Election Commission:
Doug Buckles (R) – Chairman
Millard Garland (D) – Secretary
Paul Souder (R)
Ramon Sanchez-Vinas (D)
Junior Stanley (R)
- Commission District 1 Map.pdf (803.22 Kb)
- Commission District 2 Map.pdf (963.32 Kb)
- Commission District 3 Map.pdf (940.02 Kb)
- Commission District 4 Map.pdf (864 Kb)
- Commission District 5 Map.pdf (632.94 Kb)
- Commission District 6 Map.pdf (1.27 Mb)
- Commission District 7 Map.pdf (1.12 Mb)
- Commission District 8 Map.pdf (603.15 Kb)
- County Commission District Map.pdf (4.13 Mb)
- State House Districts 3 and 4 Map.pdf (3.77 Mb)
- State Senate Districts 3 and 4 Map.pdf (3.64 Mb)
NOV. 6, 2018 ELECTION RESULTS
- 01 - Hunter.pdf (35.57 Kb)
- 02- Midway.pdf (35.01 Kb)
- 03 - Unaka.pdf (35.51 Kb)
- 04 - Roan Mountain.pdf (37.86 Kb)
- 05 - Tiger Valley.pdf (36.89 Kb)
- 06 - Central.pdf (44.07 Kb)
- 07 - Keenburg.pdf (34.95 Kb)
- 08 - Range.pdf (35.39 Kb)
- 09 - Watauga.pdf (49.31 Kb)
- 10 - Courthouse.pdf (45.98 Kb)
- 11 - East Side.pdf (46.95 Kb)
- 12 - National Guard Armory.pdf (43.26 Kb)
- 13 - Siam.pdf (39.23 Kb)
- 14 - Happy Valley.pdf (59.56 Kb)
- 15 - Elk Mills.pdf (36.79 Kb)
- 16 - Hampton.pdf (37.45 Kb)
- 17 - Little Milligan.pdf (37.26 Kb)
- 18 - Valley Forge.pdf (39.26 Kb)
- 19 - Gap Creek.pdf (39.36 Kb)
- 20 - West Side.pdf (45.48 Kb)
- 21 - Harold McCormick.pdf (44.76 Kb)
- 22 - High School.pdf (46.07 Kb)
- Early and Absentee Voting.pdf (62 Kb)
- Unofficial Final Results.pdf (63.56 Kb)
Are you registered to vote? It’s easy!
You can now register to vote online in the State of Tennessee. All you need to register online is a drivers license or identification issued by the Department of Safety. CLICK HERE to visit GoVoteTN.com and get signed up today. You can also use the website to check your registration status or update your name or address information. #GoVoteTN
You can also register in person at the Carter County Election Commission Office or print out a registration form from this website and either mail it to the Election Commission or drop it off in person.
To download the registration form click here: Voter Registration Form
Where do college students register to vote?
For students who attend a college or university not in their home county knowing where to register to vote can be confusing. Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding registrations for college students can be found here: College Student Registration FAQs
Absentee Voting By Mail
If you wish to vote by mail, you must meet certain legal requirements pursuant to T.C.A. 2-6-201. You must request a ballot in writing over your signature. The request can be made as much 90 days in advance of an election and not later than 7 days prior to an election.
Requests for absentee ballots must be in writing and signed by the voter. The LAST day for the Election Committion to receive applications to vote absentee is October 30, 2018. Requests can be hand delivered or mailed to the Carter County Election Commission. You may call and we will send you a request by mail as well.
THE REQUEST FOR VOTING BY MAIL CAN SERVE AS THE APPLICATION FOR BALLOT IF IT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
♦ The voter’s name;
♦ The voter’s address in Carter County;
♦ The voter’s date of birth;
♦ The voter’s social security number;
♦ The address to mail the ballot;
♦ The election in which the voter wishes to vote (including party preference if the election is a primary); and
♦ The reason the voter is requesting to vote by mail;
♦ The request MUST BE SIGNED BY THE VOTER.
If the request does not contain all the information listed above, the Election Commission staff shall send the voter an application for an absentee vallot in order to obtain the needed information.
Instructions for military and overseas voters in Tennessee can be found at:
PHOTO ID Requirement
Federal or Tennessee Sate government issued photo ID is now required to vote, unless an exemption applies. College student IDs, photo IDs issued by other states, county or city governments, including library cards, will not be accepted. To learn more about the new law and its exceptions, please call the Carter County Election Commission at 423-542-1822 or visit GoVoteTN.com.
Voters who vote absentee by mail, residents of licensed nursing homes, assisted living centers, or those hospitalized are exempt.
Cast your vote in honor of a veteran or service member!
“The Honor Vote program lets Tennesseans dedicate their vote to those who are serving or have served our country. The men and women of the U.S. military ensure our freedom and democracy, allowing us to cast a ballot each Election Day.”
– Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
To find out more about the Honor Vote Program CLICK HERE.