Departments & Services
Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1835 - Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1825 - General Sessions Court
(423) 542-1829 - Juvenile Court
(423) 542-1872 - Criminal Court Clerk
Fax: (423) 542-3742
900 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Carter County Circuit Court Clerk is located in the Carter County Justice Center and administers to the following courts:
- Criminal Court - Felony convictions, appeals and bindovers from General Sessions Court
- Circuit Court - Divorce records, child support, adoptions, conservatorships, workers compensation suits, etc. Visit www.selegal.org for pro se forms
- General Sessions Court - Traffic tickets (county, THP), misdemeanor charges, small claims court, orders of protection, detainer warrants, TWRA citations, misdemeanor expungements
- Juvenile Court - Any judicial proceedings involving a child under the age of 18. All records are sealed.
Passports - Passport applications are accepted on Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. No appointments accepted. Passport forms are available at www.travel.state.gov
Online Payments - Now accepted at www.courtfeepay.com Visit this website and follow the instructions. Please contact the appropriate court if you encounter any problems.
Forms and Documents (Requires PDF reader)