Office Phone: (423) 542-1814
801 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The County Clerk is elected to a four-year term and operates under a fee system, remitting all excess fees and collections to the County Trustee monthly.
The County Clerk is the clerk for the county legislative body and responsible for keeping the official record of the County Commission meetings. Other duties for this office include the following:
- Registration of motor vehicles and collection of applicable sales taxes
- Renewal of vehicle tags
- Processing online vehicle tag renewals
- Issuance of disabled persons placards
- Replacement titles/noting of liens
- Boat registrations/renewals
- Issuance of hunting and fishing licenses
- Issuance of marriage licenses
- Processing of Notary Public applications
- Monthly collection of hotel/motel taxes
- Monthly collection of wholesale beer taxes
- Monthly collection of severance tax
- Annual beer tax collections
- Issuance of manufactured home installation decals