Office Phone: (423) 542-1888
Fax: (423) 547-1536
Carter County Courthouse
801 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Elizabethton-Carter County Office of Emergency Management’s mission is to mitigate the potential effects of the various hazards that might impact the county, to prepare for the implementation of measures which will preserve life and minimize damage, to respond effectively to the needs of the citizens and local jurisdictions during emergencies, and to provide a recovery system to return the county and its communities to a normal status as soon as possible after such emergencies.
The Office of Emergency Management is tasked by TEMA and FEMA to coordinate and carry out a comprehensive plan to assist community efforts to prepare for, respond to, and recover from all types of man-made, technological, and natural disasters. This assistance is accomplished through planning, training, grant funding, and mitigation.
For ALL EMERGENCIES call 911, if not leave a message on the office answering machine (423) 542-1888 and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- TEMA (Tennessee Emergency Management Agency)
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Carter County Alert System (Everbridge)
- Office of Homeland Security
- Citizens Corp Program (CERT)
- National Weather Service (Morristown)
- ADA Grievance Procedure – Revised March 2021
- ADA Grievance Form
- ADA Notice
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Revised ADA Regulations Implementing Title II and Title III
If interested in our CERT classes, please contact us for more information.