Carter County Finance Department
Carter County, TN is accepting resumes for the position of Deputy Director of Finance. Primary duties will include:
- Development, coordination, and ongoing management of various County budgets in cooperation with the Budget Committee and department heads.
- Human resource management including policy management and developing standardized procedures for employee onboarding, benefit enrollment and employee engagement.
Other duties will include:
- Coordination and preparation of various complex accounting entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconciliations, and payroll tasks in cooperation with department employees.
- Assistance with cash management, report preparation, capital asset accounting and inventory maintenance, various reconciliations, debt management, and grant and contract administration.
- Assist with various insurance policy and risk management programs.
- Preparation of materials and reports for various projects and committees.
- Attendance at meetings and events during and after regular business hours.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Finance Director or Financial Management Committee.
Applicants with the following qualifications will be given strong consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in finance or accounting.
- At least two years of work experience in government finance or fund accounting necessary.
- Advanced Excel and accounting software skills.
Supervisory experience and working knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting are preferred. County benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance; pension contribution to Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, paid holidays; vacation and sick leave.
This position reports to the Director of Finance. The compensation of the Deputy Director of Finance shall be negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Please email resume to Finance Director Carolyn Watson at email@example.com.
Carter County Courthouse
Carter County is currently hiring for full-time custodian. This is a second shift position working Monday through Friday. Position includes benefits such as insurance and retirement. Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or turned in at the Carter County Mayor’s Office.
The Carter County Highway Department is currently accepting applications to fill four (4) positions for CDL drivers and two (2) positions as laborers. Those interested can come by the Carter County Highway Department, 1246 Stateline Road, Elizabethton, Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. to pick up and turn in applications or resumes.
Solid Waste Department
Class A CDL driver
The Carter County Solid Waste Department is currently accepting applications for a Class A CDL driver. Those interested can come by the Carter County Landfill located at 169 Landfill Road, Elizabethton, to pick up and turn in applications or resumes.
Health Department –
Carter County Health Department is hiring a full-time RN position on county contract in Elizabethton TN. Need current TN RN license or hold privilege to practice in TN under NLC. Bachelor’s or graduate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university or RN diploma from accredited school of nursing. Contact Joy Woods, Office Supervisor, at Joy.Woods@tn.gov or 423-543-2521 to obtain & submit application & resume. EOE/AA
Carter County Health Department is taking applications for a full-time Nutrition Educator. B.S. in Nutrition or related field is required, including 6 semester hrs in human nutrition, 3 semester hrs in human anatomy or physiology, and 3 semester hrs in education, psychology, or counseling. Duties include WIC nutrition counseling and outreach. Schedule is 8:00am-4:30pm M-F. For more information or to obtain an application contact Joy Woods (423) 543-2521. EEO/AA
Employee Assistance Programs:
Carter County Planning Commission – 1 seats for appointment
The Carter County Commission is seeking to fill a seat on the Carter County Planning Commission representing the 3rd District (Central, Watauga, Range, and Keenburg precincts). Those interested in being appointed to serve on the Carter County Planning Commission should complete a Boards/Committees Application (available below) and submit it to the County Clerk’s Office or to Nominating Committee Chairman Aaron Frazier by email to email@example.com.