Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1835 – Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1825 – General Sessions Court
(423) 542-1829 – Juvenile Court
(423) 542-1872 – Criminal Court Clerk
Fax: (423) 542-3742
900 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Carter County Circuit Court Clerk is located in the Carter County Justice Center and administers to the following courts:
- Criminal Court – Felony convictions, appeals and bindovers from General Sessions Court
- Circuit Court – Divorce records, child support, adoptions, conservatorships, workers compensation suits, etc. For Divorce Forms visit http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/node/622453
- General Sessions Court – Traffic tickets (county, THP), misdemeanor charges, small claims court, orders of protection, detainer warrants, TWRA citations, misdemeanor expungements
- Juvenile Court – Any judicial proceedings involving a child under the age of 18. All records are sealed.
Passports – The office will begin accepting Passport applications on May 1, 2021. Hours for passport services will be Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 3:30 P.M. Passport forms are available at www.travel.state.gov
Online Payments – Now accepted at www.courtfeepay.com Visit this website and follow the instructions. Please contact the appropriate court if you encounter any problems.
NEW Self-service Kiosk allows you to pay citations and court fees without having to go to the courthouse. The new indoor self-service Kiosk Payment Station allows citizens to locate and pay their court fines within a few simple steps. The kiosk is located inside the Redi-Mart Supermarket located at 5110 US-19E in Hampton.
- Carter County Circuit Court Clerk Website – Search criminal/sessions records and online dockets