On December 22, 2020, the Supreme Court of Tennessee issued an Order extending the State of Emergency for the Judicial Branch of the State of Tennessee and reinstated the suspension of in-person court proceedings. To see the order, please click here: SupremeCourtofTennessee_Covid-19_Order_12-22-2020
Passport processing will resume on May 1, 2021. The hours for obtaining a passport will be from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Those individuals needing to make court payments for fines or fees are encouraged to use the payment drop box system instead of coming into the office. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office will mail your receipt to you.
Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1835 – Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1825 – General Sessions Court
(423) 542-1829 – Juvenile Court
(423) 542-1872 – Criminal Court Clerk
Fax: (423) 542-3742
900 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Carter County Circuit Court Clerk is located in the Carter County Justice Center and administers to the following courts:
- Criminal Court – Felony convictions, appeals and bindovers from General Sessions Court
- Circuit Court – Divorce records, child support, adoptions, conservatorships, workers compensation suits, etc. For Divorce Forms visit http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/node/622453
- General Sessions Court – Traffic tickets (county, THP), misdemeanor charges, small claims court, orders of protection, detainer warrants, TWRA citations, misdemeanor expungements
- Juvenile Court – Any judicial proceedings involving a child under the age of 18. All records are sealed.
Passports – The office will begin accepting Passport applications on May 1, 2021. Hours for passport services will be Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 3:30 P.M. Passport forms are available at www.travel.state.gov
Online Payments – Now accepted at www.courtfeepay.com Visit this website and follow the instructions. Please contact the appropriate court if you encounter any problems.
NEW Self-service Kiosk allows you to pay citations and court fees without having to go to the courthouse. The new indoor self-service Kiosk Payment Station allows citizens to locate and pay their court fines within a few simple steps. The kiosk is located inside the Redi-Mart Supermarket located at 5110 US-19E in Hampton.
- Carter County Circuit Court Clerk Website – Search criminal/sessions records and online dockets