As of March 13, 2020 – Due to the State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, all passport processing will cease until April 1, 2020.
Those individuals needing to make court payments for fines or fees are encouraged to use the payment drop box system instead of coming into the office. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office will mail your receipt to you.
Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1835 – Circuit Court Clerk
(423) 542-1825 – General Sessions Court
(423) 542-1829 – Juvenile Court
(423) 542-1872 – Criminal Court Clerk
Fax: (423) 542-3742
900 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Carter County Circuit Court Clerk is located in the Carter County Justice Center and administers to the following courts:
- Criminal Court – Felony convictions, appeals and bindovers from General Sessions Court
- Circuit Court – Divorce records, child support, adoptions, conservatorships, workers compensation suits, etc. For Divorce Forms visit http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/node/622453
- General Sessions Court – Traffic tickets (county, THP), misdemeanor charges, small claims court, orders of protection, detainer warrants, TWRA citations, misdemeanor expungements
- Juvenile Court – Any judicial proceedings involving a child under the age of 18. All records are sealed.
Passports – Passport applications are accepted on Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. No appointments accepted. Passport forms are available at www.travel.state.gov
Online Payments – Now accepted at www.courtfeepay.com Visit this website and follow the instructions. Please contact the appropriate court if you encounter any problems.
- Carter County Circuit Court Clerk Website – Search criminal/sessions records and online dockets