Carter County Trustee
Office Phone: (423) 542-1811
Fax: (423) 547-1505
801 East Elk Avenue
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Trustee serves three primary functions:
- Collecting all county property taxes
- Keeping a fair regular account of all money received
- Investing temporarily idle county funds
- Real Estate Assessment Data
- Pay or Search Property Taxes
- Tax Relief
- Calculate Taxes
- Delinquent Taxes -For delinquent tax information please contact our office at 423-542-1811. If your property taxes are over 13 months past due you will need to contact the Clerk at Masters Office @ 423-542-1812 to get current amounts due.
- Tax Sale – The Carter County Clerk & Master’s Office is in charge of all tax sales due to delinquent property taxes. Contact the Clerk and Master’s Office
- Change Billing Address – Contact the Assessor of Property Office
NEW Self-service Kiosk allows you to pay your property taxes without having to go to the courthouse.
Customers can locate their property taxes by searching for their bill by name, address, or bill number. Once selected, the customer can select the record(s) and submit their payment via credit or debit card. A receipt is printed at the end of the transaction. As is the case with using a credit or debit card to make payments at the Trustee’s Office, the kiosk charges the same processing fee for payments made using a credit or debit card through the kiosk system. The kiosk is located inside the Redi-Mart Supermarket located at 5110 US-19E in Hampton.